How has your December been going?
I don't know about you, but this tends to be one of the busiest months of the year for me.
It has been awesome, but man, it has also been tiring! ;) I'm excited to get through the holidays and into the new year.
Here were a few highlights for my December 2017:
- This month I took a wonderful trip to Washington state for the first annual Alive in the Fire retreat, to meet with Kelsie and Yani of the Sponsored Yogis team. We had a blast! We practiced yoga together, did a photo shoot, enjoyed delicious food, hiked up to a vista point overlooking the Clarkston-Lewiston valley, saw Christmas lights, received Reiki treatments, brainstormed new ideas for 2018, relaxed, drank wine, and enjoyed heartfelt conversations.
From home, I've been enjoying:
- Holiday parties
- Yoga on most days ;)
- Christmas cookie baking
- Finding and wrapping fun gifts
- Cutting down a Christmas tree in the woods of northern California
- Getting to enjoy our finished fire pit in the backyard (wine and s'mores included!)
- A full week off from work this week (!!!) and some much needed R&R (pedicure, epsom salt baths, extra sleep, movies, blogging... the best)
What have you been up to this month?
And how are the holidays treating you, truly?
If you've been in a dark place, or struggling feeling overwhelmed, please know you're not alone.
For as bright and beautiful as this month has been, there have also been some really challenging moments and some heavy emotions for me.
Such is the nature of the holidays, I think; they bring out both the light and the dark.
Whichever space you're in (and maybe it's both), please know that you are loved.
Wishing you each a lovely end to 2017.