The month certainly had its ups and downs, as I was learning the ins-and-outs of my new job, working on creating a backyard in our new house (pouring concrete is SO MUCH WORK), and mourning the loss of our 14-year-old Pitt mix :(
All in all, having my yoga practice as a tool for grounding each day helped SO much.
Here are a few of my takeaways from the yoga challenge:
- Show up on your mat with no expectations. Or, at least TRY to.
- Get in your body instead getting lost in your thoughts. Use the body to release negative energy.
- Trust your intuition.
- Let go of your definitions of what is a 'good' yoga practice. You don't have to do hard postures or inversions for your practice to 'count' for the day.
- Keep track of your progress. Give yourself kudos for how far you've come!
- Consistence yields results.
Have you ever done a month-long yoga challenge? What did you learn?
All photos by Kimberly Lewis.