Yoga beginners, welcome!
I'm so happy for you, that you're adding yoga to your wellness routine :)
Here at Alive in the Fire, I believe in encouraging everyone to try yoga.
Check out these posts to get started, and feel free to contact me with any questions.
- Tips for yoga beginners.
- My all-time favorite yoga DVDs.
- Yoga poses for chronic pain.
- Do you have an injury or need to modify your practice? Be gentle with yourself. Here's a post from when I was recovering from intense sciatica.
- Do you feel flustered with questions in class? That's normal. Embrace your curiosity and ask away. Be patient and the answers will come. This post is great if you want to learn more about various styles of yoga, too.
- Calm your fire by taking a restorative Yin Yoga class.
- Need help deciding what style of yoga is right for you? This book and this website can help.
- I did my 200 hour teacher training in Vinyasa yoga, with Baron Baptiste's teaching at the foundation. Here are some reflections on how I memorized the vinyasa flow.
- Have you fallen away from your practice? Now is a great time to get back on track.
- Dharma Yoga offers classes rooted in the ancient wisdom of classical yoga. In and out of class, we practice being open to what's possible, being receptive to what's happening in our bodies right now, and sharing a common experience with others.
- If you Dharma, you may suddenly find your foot behind your head. :) Not because you forced it, but because you let go.