The holidays are here!
Anyone else feeling a little spread thin?
This is a great time of year to prioritize self-care. Even if it’s just a 30 minute walk in the sunshine, a long soak in a hot bath, or a few minutes of yoga before bedtime, allow yourself some time to rest and rejuvenate. Another great practice you can incorporate into your day is a simple 5-minute self-massage in the morning, or in the evening. Remind yourself of how precious and wonderful your body is!
Here are five simple ways to incorporate rest, rejuvenation and peacefulness into your day:
- In the morning after your shower, do a five-minute self-massage using coconut oil or sesame oil.
- Take a 30 minute walk in the sunshine.
- Roll out your mat and practice yoga for 15 minutes. Do three rounds of sun salutations, a few hip openers, and legs up the wall pose.
- Take a long soak in a hot bath. (See below for the best mineral salt blend to use, too!)
- Write for ten minutes in your journal. Reflect on the best part of your day, and the most challenging part. Is there anything you can intentionally release and let go of?
This month’s Yogi Surprise box contained some lovely products for taking time to be at peace. My three favorites:
This little kit is incredible! It comes with a rough cut citrine crystal, a palo santo stick, and an essential oil roller blend with lemon and lavender. Hands down my favorite item in the box. I can't wait to wear my crystal as an anklet starting when I'm in Hawaii on vacation in January, and to continue burning the palo santo to clear stagnant energy and make space for new growth in 2017! I even saved the box and plan to use it as a spot to store intentions I’ve written down.
This jar of bath salts is so fun – it actually turns the water purple when you use it ;) I loved the blend of soothing mineral salts and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the scent of the frankincense, amber and myrrh. If you want a luxurious, relaxing bath, go for this awesome product.
Love this deck. I’ve been drawing a card each morning and using it to frame my day. I was also able recently to put up some wall décor to display a few of my crystals, so I’ll set the intention card there, too. Awesome!
What practices are helping you stay grounded and peaceful this holiday season?