Happy Monday, yogis!
So far in the Badass Yoga Teachers series, we've talked about some great topics:
- sharing space with students
- filing taxes as an independent contractor
- figuring out if you should accept or decline a teaching opportunity
- memorizing sequences and creating a flow for your class
- advice for new yoga teachers
The more I write this series, the more I've realized: there are endless topics for yoga teachers to explore!
Today, I'd like to refer you to a wonderful list of websites that I've used for support in my professional and personal development.
Whether you're new or experienced, feeling eager or feeling stuck, these sites have some incredible wisdom to offer. Happy reading!
Websites Every Yoga Teacher Should Check Out
- Comprehensive source of info on all things related to the business of yoga
- Offers great tools which you can personalize to your own experience
- Awesome at-a-glance lists and links to other sites
- Objective, factual, and balanced with many perspectives
- Start here: The Ultimate Yogipreneur's Guide to Designing Your Sweet Yoga Career
- I love that the site offers articles on a wide variety of topics and is written by real-world yoga teachers
- Some of my favorite articles: keeping your own practice alive, planning a yoga retreat, what to put on your website, things to ask from your students
- You can also contact the team at Teachasana and ask a question, and they'll post an article on the topic!
- Yoga Journal has a wealth of informational articles on their site, with a variety of topics written by many different teachers
- Some of my recent favorites: ways to avoid burnout, how to break 'rules' and mix up your sequencing, and how to be authentic on social media
- I love Allie's heartfelt writing. Her site is a wonderful resource for finding creative sequences to incorporate into your own home practice. I appreciate that she offers short yoga routines, and as a teacher sometimes a 10-minute or 30-minute video is the perfect pick-me-up for during your busy day!
- She's also got a great post on how to create a blog, if you're a teacher hoping to share your story more.
What are your favorite websites for yoga teacher resources? I'd love to hear! XO