Photos courtesy of Kim.
With Kim, I love that I can talk about anything and feel supported and acknowledged; she offers an encouraging, intelligent perspective and her down-to-earth demeanor is one of a kind :)
Kim goes for what she wants in life, and she has this incredible clarity about her. When I think 'badass,' she's at the top of my list!
I have a tattoo that says "badass" on my left wrist and another that says badass in sanskrit on my thigh. OK, not really, but I do think I'm hilarious and sometimes I say things just to make myself laugh (and that's kind of badass). I welcome failure, pain and love. I left the corporate world to start a social enterprise; it failed. Then I moved to India, (and cried the first 8 months) and started another social enterprise, Sant.
Work. A lot of work.
- Vipassana meditation course
- Books - A New Earth, The Four Agreements, Many Lives, Many Masters, The Queen's Code
- Work with healers
- Network spinal analysis
- Byron Katie
- Ted talks: Lessons from the Mental Hospital and The Voices in My Head
- Yoga, Yoga nidra and Kundalini yoga
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Breath work
- The documentary "I Am"
- Native American sweat lodges
- Choosing my words carefully (no "good", "bad", "should" "have to")
- Living in the grey as opposed to the black and white
- Showing myself compassion, acceptance, love and gratitude
- Observing my judgments and thoughts, including separating suicidal thoughts from myself
What do you do for yourself to rejuvenate?
Dance. (I dance by myself in the mornings. I might be a ballerina when I grow up.) Meditation. Cuddling. Laughing.
- Listen to yourself-- you are the only person who knows what you need
- Ask for help-- this is true strength
- Do something-- if you aren't happy, you won't be able to think yourself to happiness. You're programmed to be unhappy (our society does this). You have to break out of this programming and it takes action.
How do you plan to continue your baddass-ery? ;)
Living in the present moment. Nurturing myself. Working to positively impact the lives of others.
PS Meet other badass women in the series: Justine, Sarah, and Rose.