For the next 6 weeks, I’m doing a yoga challenge...
The program includes:
- asana practice 6 days a week (4 in the studio and 2 at home)
- one conscious day of rest each week
- healthy eating, including a 3 day vegan cleanse
- mindful meditation
- journaling and self-inquiry (called atma-vichara in Sanskrit)
- a weekly meeting with the other participants, to encourage discussion and accountability
I’m feeling excited and curious to see how my schedule will balance out. It feels like a big leap to dive head-first into this… and I also know it will be very worthwhile.
Last night I took a vigorous vinyasa flow class, and then afterward we had our first group meeting. Part of the meeting involved a ten minute Ujjayi breath meditation. I felt more calm and centered than I have in a long time, and it was SO cool to do the physical asana practice and actually follow it up with seated meditation.
I’ve known for a long time that the yogis practiced the poses in order to prepare for meditation. How powerful to follow through and do that full practice, and commit to continuing it :)
Have you ever participated in a yoga challenge? Stay tuned for more reflections on how it’s going! Namaste.
PS Yup, I dyed my hair purple!! :)