Today I'm offering ideas for how to keep your skin happy, healthy, and hydrated throughout the cold, dry winter season.
Tips for Great Skin During Winter
1. Drink more fluids. This one is obvious, but worth mentioning! During the winter, increase the amount of water, juice and tea you're drinking each day. Especially if you practice hot yoga! Coconut water and bananas are also great for keeping your electrolyte and potassium levels high.
2. Wash your face with lukewarm or cool water, instead of hot.
3. Eat more hydrating foods, those high in water content. Fruits and veggies like apple, oranges, kiwis, celery, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, and carrots are great. I recommend green smoothies in the morning!
4. Use a humidifier at night.
5. Add pranayama breathwork to your yoga routine. Heat-building breathwork such as breath of fire, ujjayi, and agni sara are great.
4. Use all-natural products. I love coconut oil after a shower, especially on my hands and feet. It's also great to put on any skin that's been tattooed, after it's fully healed :) I also love Kari Gran's organic skincare products.
Deborah, one of my sponsored yogis, had a chance to try out a lovely skincare kit from Kari Gran. If you're in need of a refresh, I highly recommend her skincare line for healthy, all-natural hydration.
Photo via Kari Gran.
Yoga gifts always arrive at the perfect moment, and I received a surprise package of Kari Gran’s amazing cleansing oil, essential serum, and hydrating tonic exactly when I needed a treat. They lifted my spirits and my skin tone! The products are 100% natural -- the only ingredients are pure plant based oils. I feel like a goddess applying them, and am looking forward to trying Kari Gran’s natural make up too.
The hydrating tonic feels lovely and refreshing in the morning, or any time I feel like a cooling mist. The oils feel very clean and simple -- my favorite kind of product. In fact, I am usually not into products at all, but Kari Gran definitely passes my test for top purity. She uses absolutely no mystery ingredients -- for example the cleansing oil contains oils of sunflower, avocado, castor, lavender and Vitamin E. That’s it!
The products feel lovely and make my skin glow. I went through the samples quickly and am looking to order more.
Daily face washing tips.
Do-it-yourself green beauty treatments.
More winter skin care tips.