Photos by Tyler Branch.
Whether you're spending the day with a lover, friend, or someone in your family, I hope it's filled with love, peace and joyfulness.
Here are some fun ideas for how to celebrate, whether you're single or in a relationship:
- Start the day with a relaxing yin practice. Invite relaxation. On every inhale, create space in your body. On each exhale, move gently into that space.
- Treat yourself to a massage, a couples' massage, or a Thai massage session with your sweetheart.
- Plan a picnic lunch. Eat meditatively, noticing the way your body experiences the nourishing food you are taking in.
- Read poetry. Daydream. Journal about your passions. Listen to music and dance. Go stargazing. Let yourself be imaginative, playful, soulful. Move to the beat of your heart, letting your intentions guide you.
- Reflect on what you love about yourself. Make a list of ten things you're grateful for about yourself. (Or, alternatively, reflect on someone in your life who you love.)
Some great reads on yoga and Valentine's Day:
- Elephant's Official Yoga Valentine's Gift List - a post by Elena Brower on Elephant Journal
- Bhakti: The Yoga of Valentine's Day - Sara Elizabeth Ivanhoe's reflections from Huffington Post
- Valentine's Day Intimacy with Partner Yoga - Ideas for practicing together