Check it out: I’m featured in a graphic from Yoga Manifesto!
Hey lovelies, happy Friday!
I wanted to make a little announcement that I’ve decided to extend the deadline for Sponsored Yogis 2013-2014 until November 15th. If you’re thinking of applying, there’s still plenty of time!
As you know, all you have to do is email me at aliveinthefire at gmail dot com and I’ll send over the application. (It’s super simple; just a few questions so I can get to know you better.)
This will give me more time to sort through the apps and still stay focused on my 200-hour teacher training which kicked off last night :) I am already in LOVE with the program, the fellow trainees, and our amazing teachers. There is so much collective energy in the group—so much love and enthusiasm for yoga.
Photo via Pinterest.
PS In case you need a reminder about what Sponsored Yogis is…
I'm choosing 3-4 local northern CA yogis and 3-4 yogis around the world to be supported in their yoga journey for a year.
- Anyone can apply! Beginners, advanced students, teachers... any style of yoga.
- To qualify for the nor Cal group, you'll need to be somewhere within 200 miles of Sacramento.
- Yogis who are selected for the group will receive free yoga gear and studio classes, the chance to write for Alive in the Fire, support and advice from me, and the chance to connect with a wonderful group of fellow yogis. For the local group, I hope to organize some in-person yoga activities and meetups, too!
- Occasionally I may also ask the group to promote the blog to your local yoga community and I hope to get the sponsored yogis involved in recruiting stories for Real Men Do Yoga and the karma yoga series.
- Once I'm certified to teach in early 2014, I hope to offer free classes (or one-on-one sessions) to the local yogi group. You guys get to be some of my guinea pigs and give me feedback on teaching, so we'll all be students of each other! :)
What are you waiting for? Email me today (aliveinthefire at gmail dot com) for the app!