Onwards and upwards! Photo illustration by Christopher David Ryan.
Ready for a glamorous celebration to ring in the new year?
I hope you're wearing glittery things, eating tiny fancy hors d'oeuvres, and smooching your love as the ball drops.
I will be!
Crab bruschetta? Yes please! Photo via This is Glamorous.
Gold heels? Yes please! Photo via This is Glamorous.
As you consider the year ahead, you may be setting some goals for yourself. Need fun and creative ways to view them daily and remind yourself to stick with your resolutions?
Lovely lace? Yes please! Photo via This is Glamorous.
Creative Goal Setting:
- Chalkboard goals. Keep them visible and add to your home's decor by writing your dreams and ambitions largely.
- Goals on Twitter, Facebook and the blog. Share your ideas with your followers, and ask that they help hold you accountable.
- For the wild at heart: tattoo goals! Ever thought about getting inked in a way that's artful and reminiscent of your life goals? A friend of mine recently got a beautiful phoenix on her hip to symbolize rebirth and renewal. That's a pretty sweet way to remind yourself of your own beauty and power!
- Framed goals on your desk at work. You spend as much time there as at home, so why not post some as conversation starters / reminders? Consider getting your friends and office pals to do the same, or put together a collective goal frame or area where people can share and encourage each other to stick with their plans for success.
- Keep a notebook. Doodle your goals. Make thought bubbles and connect your ideas together. Add action steps. Be creative and have fun! Then post the pages to your fridge so you can see them regularly.
- Use online tools to track your progress. Try FutureMe and email yourself in the future. This is probably the most fun and amusing way you can kick yourself in the bum to get going and get inspired to meet your goals! Also try Goaltender via Lululemon's site, or 43Things.
- Goals as passwords. This one's pretty nerdy, but if you set your passwords for email, online banking, or other websites to reflect your goals, you'll be reminded of them on a consistent basis -- probably more often than any other way!
Bursts of gold? Yes please! Photo via This is Glamorous.
How do you set goals? What are your hopes and dreams for 2011?